Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Frazzled

I must be crazy. Last night, as I was posting one paper and writing essays for my final exam for one of the constitution classes I have to take for my Arizona certification, I started knitting the alpaca wrap for my mother that I've been meaning to for, oh, I don't know - ages! I came across the yarn the other day while searching for a book (I have yarn stashes all over the place!), and couldn't get the wrap off my mind. Now, granted, I have a pair of socks in progress, two more classes that start today online, and a sweater (Picovoli) that I've already promised my sister that I will be starting later this week when she arrives and I can take her measurements, but I started this thing anyway.

Maybe it's because it was midnight and the house was quiet (after all, how can I knit a Christmas present in front of my mother - have to wait until she is sleeping!), maybe it's because after wool socks, I needed to feel something really, really soft and snuggly on my needles. Whatever it is, it's adding to the insanity, because I started yet another project in the middle of the night last night, and I have absolutely no business doing so! ACK!

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I am right there with you. First, alpaca: yum, yum, yum. I bought a bunch last month to do something with, not sure yet, but had to have it b/c it so soft. I swatched it one night at midnight b/c I had to work with it. And the starting new projects when you have no right to? I want to start at least two new projects, both shrugs, and I don't even have yarn for them. This is problematic as I am trying not buy any yarn this month.

love your baby blanket too! I might make something similar for my two sisters-in-law who are expecting.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Theresa,

I just checked out your blog, and it appears we have the same disease! My mother gets so frustrated with me for starting new things before other things are finished, but I get it from her, so she should be used to it! I just don't understand!

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home