Wow - has it been that many already?
The last one I did was LAST summer, so I guess I'm about due!
Here's my info:
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? My very favorite yarn is Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, but anything soft and beautiful is good!
What fibers do you absolutely not like? “Fun-Fur” types of gaudy acrylic.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I was gifted a circular needle holder, and I love it. My straits (what few of them there are) are stored in a roll-up bag made by my auntie.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Knitting for about 12 years again now. Taught by my mother as a teen, didn’t do much with it until I was given some old needles, yarn, and a pattern booklet by my former MIL.
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Intermediate/advanced knitter.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? NO
5. What’s your favorite scent? I love natural scents, like lavender, sandalwood, and patchouli.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Yes
Favorite candy? Junior Mints and Skittles
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Spin and process natural fibers (card and comb).
Do you spin? YES!!!!!
8. What kind of music do you like? Jazz Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? Yes
(if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Reds and greens are my favorites, although I’ve been on a purple jag (especially with spinning fibers) lately. Sometimes I get myself in a rut. I also love the yarns and fibers with browns in them lately.
Any colors you just can’t stand? I’m not a big fan of pink, although when you put brown with ANY color, I’m definitely a fan.
10. What is your family situation? This question always cracks me up! I am a single mother with one son. We live with my parents and one lovely standard poodle. We also have two hermit crabs that entertain us from time to time!
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes to scarves, hats, and ponchos (occasionally). No to mittens.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Sweaters (all types) and lace shawls knit in sock yarn.
13. What are you knitting right now? I keep a sock going all the time (sometimes not too quickly, but it’s going!). I’m also knitting the Medallion Cardi from Vogue for me, and the Entomology shawl for a dear co-worker.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Of course.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I normally use circular, wooden needles, but some of my favorites are a metal pair from JoAnns, and a small plastic circular needle!
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Both
17. How old is your oldest UFO? About 1 year old – it’s on my list of “fixes” for the Summer (a tank I put aside for some warm weather knits, but really, really need to finish!)
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
What winter holiday do you observe? Christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect? Turtles – sculptures, figurines, pictures, paintings, etc.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? See favorites above for yarns. I’d kinda like to have a pair or two of the Harmony circulars in sweater knitting sizes (5-7) cause of their lovely pointy tips!!
What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Currently – Interweave and Knitter’s, I usually buy Vogue and Vogue International as well as Spin Off.
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn? The techniques I am interested in now are for spinning – different plying techniques, and blending for color.
22. Are you a sock knitter? Yes
What are your foot measurements? Size 9 shoe, 9.5 instep.
23. When is your birthday? May 6th.
24. Are you on Ravelry? Yes
. If so, what’s your ID? Heather219 :O)